Hello parents and students!

Welcome to Mr. Hill's Blog! This is going to be a great 2013- 2014 school year at Blue Ridge. Be sure to check this blog regularly for updates, and Science Lab news Be Sure to Subscribe!.







Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A little about me..............

Hello Parents. My name is Derrick Hill, and I am the 4th Grade Team Leader for the 2011-2012 school year. I am very enthusiastic about this year because this will be my fourth year educating Blue Ridge students, and watching them reach their academic goals! I am a Fort Bend product who attended Ridgegate Elementary, Christa McAuliffe Middle School, and Willowridge High School. After graduating from Willowridge I continued my education at The University of Houston and earned a Bachelors Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management. While attending college, I frequently tutored math and reading in my mother’s 3rd grade ESL classroom. Doing so, I discovered I have a sincere passion for helping children reach their academic goals. After graduating I decided to follow my true passion and became a teacher. Last year, I obtained a Master degree in Education Administration from the University of Houston. I am married, and have three active children.

Parents, I am a firm believer in communication. Your child can excel academically this school year through our constant communication and collaboration. Throughout the year I will post different academic resources on this site and update you on their homework assignments. If you need to contact me I can be reach through email derrick.hill@fortbendisd.com or via phone (281) 634-0814. My goal for all of my students is for them to reach their academic potential at Blue Ridge Elementary, and 10 years down the road come back and visit me so I can write them a letter of recommendation into their college of choice (hopefully The University of Houston=)

My List of activities at Blue Ridge are below:

• Basketball Coach
• Tutor (after school & Saturday school)
• Boy Sports After School Program instructor
• Chess Club sponsor

No comments:

Post a Comment